A Few Facts to Consider:
- Crime strikes 1 out of 5 homes every year.
- Every 13 seconds, a burglar breaks into someone’s residence.
- More than 50% of all burglaries occur during the daytime.
- 76% of all burglaries involve forcible entry.
- Over 80% of all break-ins occur through a door or window.
Security Systems Deter Burglaries
Homes without security systems are more likely to be broken into than homes with security systems. Actual statistic ranges from 2.2 times to 3.1 times more often, depending on the value of the home. Businesses without alarm systems are 4.5 times more likely to be burglarized than businesses with electronic security.
Where Burglars Enter Homes – Studies suggest:
- 81% of residential break-ins occur through the first floor
- 34% through the front door
- 23% through a first-floor window
- 22% through a back door
- 9% through a garage
- 4% through a basement
- 4% through an unlocked entrance
- 2% through storage areas
- 2% through a second floor
Our response professionals are on duty 24-hours a day to contact the proper authorities. We are dedicated to providing fast response and peace-of-mind around the clock.